Free Screenings for Fall Risk | Seniors
The Southern Nevada Health District is working with Nevada Geriatric Education Consortium to sponsor Fall Prevention Awareness Day with a series of fall prevention programs.
The health district has set up fall testing for seniors at centers around the Las Vegas Valley Friday. The testing starts at noon and goes until 2:30 p.m. The screenings are free. Those who test positive for being at risk for a fall will be referred to Stepping On a fall prevention program.
Every year more than one-third of adults 65 and older suffer some kind of fall. Of those, one-third is hurt. Research also shows people who fall are likely to fall again, and each fall increases the chance of seriously injury.
Free screening locations:
- Centennial Hills Active Adult Center, 6601 N. Buffalo Dr.
- East Las Vegas Community/Senior Center, 250 N. Eastern Ave.
- H2U MountainView Hospital, 3150 N. Tenaya Way, Suite 114 - 9:00-11:30 a.m.
- H2U Southern Hills Hospital, 9300 W. Sunset Rd.
- Heritage Park Senior Facility, 300 S. Racetrack Rd., Henderson
- Jewish Community Center of Southern Nevada, 9001 Hillpointe Rd
- MLK Senior Center, 2420 N. Martin Luther King Blvd, Bldg B North
- Sun City MacDonald Ranch, 2020 W. Horizon Ridge, Henderson
- Touro University Nevada, 874 American Pacific Drive, Henderson
- Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center, 3186 S. Maryland Pkwy
- Brian Werner’s Balance Institute, 9005 S Pecos, Suite 2520, Henderson